Feeling overwhelmed with all that being an author requires?
Do you have the tools you need to build a book, platform, business, and career? Sign up to get a FREE checklist to help you create a blueprint and identify the next steps.
When I first dreamed about writing a book, I never imagined how much work was involved. I eventually learned the hard way that writing a book is only one piece of what it takes to be an author. I also had to build a platform, set up a business, and lay the foundation for a career.
Well, as the daughter of a carpenter, I knew that in order to build something that would endure, I needed both a plan and a box of tools. So I set out to discover the practical tools I needed to be successful and have collected them here as a way to help beginning authors work smarter, not harder. Of course, no list is totally comprehensive or could possibly include every tool on the market, but just like you don’t need fourteen Phillips-head screwdrivers cluttering your toolbox, these basic tools should be enough to get you started as you…
I’ll continue to add to the topics as I can, but if there’s something you want to see included, just ask! In the meantime, you can:
- Sign up for periodic emails about new tools I’ve discovered.
- Follow The Author Toolbox Facebook Page for more content.
- Check out the Resources Page for quick links to my favorite tools
- Or if you need more help, I also offer personal coaching.
- A Time and A Place
- Word Processing Made Easy
- Raise Your Craft to a New Level
- Critique partners and Accountability
- Formatting 101
- Other Book Building Tools
- Establish a Website as a Home Base (includes two FREE sets of detailed step-by-step instructions to set up a website and then navigate the WordPress dashboard)
- To Blog or Not to Blog
- Build an Email List
- Social Media Outposts
- Scheduling Tools – Part 1 and Part 2
- Memes and Images
- Twitter – Part 1 and Part 2
- And More, Oh My!
- Amazon Author Central
- Banking Methods
- Recordkeeping – Part 1 and Part 2 (includes FREE sample spreadsheet)
- Other Business Building Tools
- Decisions To Make
- Professionals To Acquire – Part 1 and Part 2
- Time Management and Goal Setting – Part 1 and Part 2
- Launch Teams and Reviewers
- Book Launch Planning – Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 (includes FREE sample spreadsheet)
- Ongoing Marketing Tools – Part 1 and Part 2
- Branching Out
- Keep Growing