Ever have a song that just keeps playing in your head? Are the words ever the ones you really need to hear? Over and over and over until they sink in?

My daughter’s second favorite movie – if you base such things upon which disc is usually in the DVD player – is Fireproof. The first time we saw the movie, I cried during one of the songs because the words spoke so clearly to my heart. (If you haven’t seen the movie, click hereto see a video of the song by John Waller called “While I’m Waiting”)

As if I hadn’t heard the song enough already, it became a theme song of sorts at the ACFW Conference. And it’s been playing in my head ever since.

Reminding me that times of waiting involve both pain and hope. That I can find peace even when it’s hard. That I can make the choice to serve, to worship, and to obey – even while I’m waiting.

So, what are you waiting for? And what are you doing while you wait?

While I’m Waiting

6 thoughts on “While I’m Waiting

• October 2, 2009 at 4:53 am

>Hi Candee,

I didn't realize that song was in Fireproof. And of course that movie had me bawling!! Now I'll have to watch it again just to hear the song!

And I loved that song at ACFW. How appropriate for us as writers. We do SO much waiting of one kind or another. It is a wonderful song–thanks for reminding me of it!

• October 2, 2009 at 12:16 pm

>I am waiting for the return of our Savior so that when we all get to our new heavenly kingdom, the things that drag us down, make us cry and worry about here, will be but a distant memory no longer!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

• October 2, 2009 at 12:32 pm

>I'm passing the Lemonade Award on to you!

If you prefer not to be listed in my post date 10/2/09, just comment "pass" behind this comment; otherwise, you've got lemonade!

• October 2, 2009 at 1:18 pm

>I love Fireproof! As soon as I watched it I went to itunes and downloaded some of the songs! =)

• October 2, 2009 at 3:03 pm

>A BIG blessing for my family, but we serve a BIG God.

• October 2, 2009 at 4:59 pm

>Candee – I LOVED that song, and like Jody, I didn't realize it was from Fireproof. That song was SO appropriate for all of us, and should probably be my them song now that I'm submitting.