Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_REFERER" in /home/customer/www/candeefick.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/spacious-pro/spacious-pro.template#template on line 43

“I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord” (Psalm 27:13-14 NKJV)

Has the difficulty of the journey ever weighed you down? Until every step drains all your energy and you just want to curl up in a ball and cry?
I’m there.

Take a long football season of single parenting. Listen to the husband’s frustrations and be a sympathizer when his coaching job is terminated. Work a part-time job to help make ends meet while trying to meet self-imposed writing goals. Watch the dust collect in hard-to-reach places and groan over photo albums over two years behind. Care for kids who can’t seem to all get sick at the same time. Continue the endless round of carpools, practices, laundry, cooking, and cleaning. Repeat.

After carrying too many burdens for too long and juggling too many responsibilities while battling a barrage of germs and viruses that plagued the family, I’ve got nothing left to draw on. I’m tired. To the core.

But, am I losing heart? No, because I believe that God has a plan and that I will see His goodness. I will. Really. While I’m still living.

So, what’s a tired Mom to do? Rest. Let some responsibilities slide for a week. Refill the reserves. Rely on God’s promise to strengthen my heart. And wait on the Lord. Wait for Him to fill me up and set me back on my feet. Wait for him to reprioritize my days.

I would have lost heart, unless …

What about you? Have you ever been close to losing heart? What helped you? How long did it take? Any advice for a weary Mom?

6 thoughts on “Losing Heart

• November 16, 2009 at 9:05 am

>Remember, GOD always has your back. Crawl into your Heavenly Fathers arms and rest.

Blessings and hugs, andrea

• November 16, 2009 at 10:01 am

>Yes. Last week. I make it through by seeking out encouraging people, books, and devotional material. But I empathize!

• November 16, 2009 at 10:18 am

>Press on, my friend.

I'm starting my third month of unemployment. I rest in God's plan, but I am human and get scared and tired sometimes.

But I continue to rest in God.

He's there, walking with you, and when you can walk no more, He will carry you.

• November 16, 2009 at 11:26 am

>Oh boy, Candee–this post is so appropriate for today. I posted also on the difficulty of the journey and resting in the Lord. I definitely need to do that this week–rest in the Lord and wait on him, for he is my peace and my strength.

Thank you!

• November 16, 2009 at 7:41 pm

>I have found that I need to remember my spiritual character is evident in the storms of life that I encounter and my true testimony as a Christian is how I weather the storm.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

• November 17, 2009 at 10:57 am

>I just quit my weekly "girls" bible study today. The session is almost over, but I just couldn't go. I've had obligations daily over the last two weeks, sick children, etc. I need alone time – as much as I love my family and friends, I had to be true to myself.