Last week, Cathy at Word Vessel gave me The Honest Scrap Blog Award. I took one look at the award logo and was humbled by the nomination.

Why? What comes to mind when you see this award? For me, I thought about getting hammered by life (and I’ve had my share of blows). I was reminded that I am scrap under construction. But mostly I remembered my decision to be honest through this blog because the journey gets tough and we all need a little encouragement.

Part of getting this award is that I have to tell you 10 honest things about myself.

1) I have climbed the tallest mountain in Colorado (over 14,000 feet high). Somehow.

2) I bake the best peanut butter cookies on the planet (according to my husband).

3) I sing in the choir and used to play the flute.

4) I’ve been to Israel three times.

5) I ran a half marathon in high school.

6) I learned to read when I was four years old.

7) I wrote a children’s picture book and am trying to get it published.

8) I don’t like seafood or strawberries or lots of other foods normal people like.

9) I know how to tape and mud drywall. (Check out my basement.)

10) I failed art in the 4th grade. (Ouch.)

I’m passing this award on to the following bloggers who tell it like it is. Thanks for your honesty.

Krista @ Krista’s Reflections

Jody @ Author, JodyHedlund

Kat @ Heart 2 Heart

Tiffany @ Tea With Tiffany

Evangeline @ Breathe In Breathe Out

Paula @ Grace Reign

Anita @ Beyond the Diapers and Spills

Staci @ Mi4Boys

Sandi @ Sandi Rog

Dena @ Words n Music

So, dear readers, who would you nominate for being honest? Or, tell us something honest about yourself?

The Honest Scrap Award

6 thoughts on “The Honest Scrap Award

• November 30, 2009 at 6:28 am

>Congrats on the award, Candee! I enjoyed reading honest things abot yourself. πŸ™‚

• November 30, 2009 at 8:20 am

>Congratulations on the award!
    The honest thing about myself: I eat when I am stressed….I over eat and that is why I am fat. I feed my heart instead of my stomach…a constant battle.

• November 30, 2009 at 10:45 am

>Congratulations on the award. I always love reading honest things about other writers.

• November 30, 2009 at 11:42 am

>Wow. You can tape and mud drywall? That's awesome.

Congrats on your award. You do have a stellar blog.

I'd say Chip MacGregor's blog should get honest award. He's so brutally honest it's refreshing–stings a little sometimes–but it's honest. That's for sure.

• November 30, 2009 at 7:49 pm

>Hi, Candee–

I'd say you deserved such an award, and I'm honored that you picked my blog too! Thank you!

I love honest people, even when it stings sometimes. Honesty is refreshing, and it let's us know we're not alone in our thoughts and feelings.

Thanks for being yourself. πŸ™‚

HUGS!

• December 2, 2009 at 7:16 pm

>Candee, I'm just seeing this post. Thank you for passing the award on to me – it puts a smile on my face!

I'm a little slow with writing about awards, but you're such an inspirational person, that I may get my list together faster than I think.

I enjoyed reading YOUR list. πŸ™‚