And dream for the future.
What did I want to accomplish in 2010? And how did I do? Hmm.
- Pay off a small loan. Checked off the list in August.
- Get caught up on the family scrapbooks (starting two years behind). Almost there (just one more marathon cropping day should do it and I’ve got one scheduled next week!)
- Excercise consistently and get healthier. Making steady progress. In fact, I might be in better shape when I hit 40 than I was at 30. Check.
- Write a new novel. I finished the rough draft the first week of September and after letting it sit for several months, I’m ready to dive into the rewrites. Check.
- Get other writing projects into circulation. I did — and so far all I’ve heard back are rejections. At least I got them out there. Check.
My other goals for 2010 were harder to measure. Like my relationships with my husband and children. My relationship with my Savior. My craft as a writer. But I think I can honestly see growth in all areas. Whew.
So, what does the future hold, specifically in 2011? Only God knows the answer to that loaded question, but I’d like to focus on these new goals:
- Continued growth in faith, relationships, health and fitness, and writing craft.
- Better stewardship of my time as I juggle my more-than-part-time day job with Mom duties and writing projects. (That may mean blogging less consistently.)
- Wisdom as I manage the family finances.
- Revise and polish two novels. Query agents. Tweak my website. Brainstorm and organize future ideas. Start writing a new book.
I think that’s enough to keep me busy for the next twelve months.
What about you? Did you accomplish your goals (or at least make progress)? Are you finishing well? What are your dreams for the next year? What are you doing to start fresh?