With Thanksgiving Day yesterday, you probably have a few ideas handy. Family. Friends. Faith. Food and shelter. Job. Health.
Even though the holiday has passed, we should still carry an attitude of gratitude every day of the year.
Here are a few other things to be thankful for:
- The smell of rain on a gentle breeze
- The glorious colors of a sunset over snow-capped mountain peaks
- The warm, cuddly hug of a child
- A bowl of buttery popcorn while snuggling under a blanket watching a movie
- The honking of geese overhead as they fly south for winter … because I know they’ll return again in the spring
- Time for a nap on a lazy afternoon
- A song on the radio with the perfect words to express my heart
“I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.” ~ Woody Allen
“Be thankful we’re not getting all the government we’re paying for.” ~ Will Rogers
“Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.” ~ Alphonse Kerr
What about you? What are you thankful for? Is having a gratitude attitude easy for you?