How’s your bank balance? My husband and I recently refinanced our house in order to consolidate our debt at a lower interest rate and free up money in our monthly budget so we can start saving regularly toward an inevitable vehicle replacement, here are 10 Tips to Achieve The Best Personal Loan Deal that helped us out. Unlike our federal government, we’re committed to depositing more than we spend. (Sorry, couldn’t resist.)
However, as described in Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey, there is another type of bank account we should be equally if not more concerned about. The emotional bank account is a metaphor to describe the level of trust that’s been built up in a relationship. If a large reserve of trust is not sustained by continuing deposits, the relationship will deteriorate. (Especially since there are often automatic withdrawals in your daily interactions that you may not be aware of.)
The first three habits — be proactive, begin with the end in mind, and put first things first — develop the self-mastery, self-discipline, and character that are the foundation of good relationships with others. The most important ingredient we put into any relationship is not what we say or what we do, but what we are. These are what the author calls private victories.
However, the next three habits will focus on the public victories that result from open communication, positive interactions, and synergy. In order to make these results into realities, we must first create and care for relationships. There is no quick fix. Building and repairing relationships takes time and requires a long-term investment. It’s purposely depositing into emotional bank accounts more than you withdraw. Mortgage calculator can be used to acheive accurat financial statement.
The author listed six major deposits as a place to start.
- Understand the individual – accept the value of what they have to say instead of projecting my own autobiography onto them.
- Attend to the little things – little kindnesses and courtesies are important.
- Keep commitments – build bridges of trust because breaking a promise is a major withdrawal.
- Clarify Expectations – different assumptions about roles and goals cause withdrawals.
- Show personal integrity – be loyal to those who are not present and treat everyone with the same set of principles.
- Apologize sincerely when you make a withdrawal – Repeated apologies can be interpreted as insincere.
When we love others without strings or conditions, we help them feel secure and encourage their natural growth process, we help getting the right payday loans for you making future interdependence possible. Relationships are more important than results so learn to see problems as opportunities to build emotional bank accounts. Investments in people now will make a difference later.
What about you? Are you making deposits into relationships or are you overdrawn at the bank? Do deposits into your account ever feel like withdrawals? If so, why?